HISTORY

     

        Following the Decision of the Supreme Council of National Defense no. 225 of 27.10.2004, by the "Framework Plan for Continuing the Restructuring and the Modernization of the Romanian Army in 2005", the Order of the Minister of National Defence no. MS 179 of 14.12.2004 "On the Abolition, Transformation, Resubordination, Reorganization, Redeployment and Establishment of Headquarters, Task Forces, Units, Subunits and Formations of the Composition of the Romanian Armed Forces in Peacetime between 01.01 and 31.12.2005" and the Order of the Minister of National Defence no. MS 74 of 28.04.2005 amending the Order of the Minister of National Defence no. MS 179 of 14.12.2004, on 01.08.2005 The Application School for Field Artillery and Air Defence Artillery "Ioan Voda" was reorganized to the Application School for Combat Support Units "Ioan Voda".

        The Application School for Combat Support Units “Ioan Voda” has the following subordinate structures :

a) 2 (two) component training centres (without staff):
- the Training Centre for Field Artillery, Sibiu;
- the Training Centre for Air Defence Artillery, Sibiu;

b) 3 (three) subordinate training centres:
- the Training Centre for Engineering “Panait Donici”, Ramnicu Valcea;
- the Training Centre for CBRN Defence “Muscel”, Campulung, Muscel;
- the Training Centre for Communications and Information Technology “Decebal”, Sibiu.

   

       On 24.11.2005, by the approval of the Minister of Defence no. D.R. 5087 of 24.11.2005 Sibiu, the Application School for Combat Support Units “Ioan Voda” is awarded the honorary title "General Eremia Grigorescu ”.
       At the suggestion of the Application School for Combat Support Units "General Eremia Grigorescu", on 25.04.2006, the Minister of Defence approved by directive D.R. D.R. 1539 of 25.04.2006 the heraldic sign representing the brigade level shield on black background, an open book, two lions facing each other holding a torch in the claws and the white scarf with the inscription "THE SCHOOL OF APPLICATION FOR COMBAT SUPPORT UNITS “GENERAL EREMIA GRIGORESCU".

    
    Year 2008 brings new changes to the structure of this institution. As a first change, on 01.07.2008, the Training Centre for Communications and Information Technology "Decebal", is subordinated to the Communications and Information Technology Directorate of the General Staff. A second change is represented by the School's restructuring as follows :

• the School Headquarters
• the Training Centre for Field Artillery and Air Defence Artillery “Ioan Voda” (the garrison of Sibiu);
• the Training Centre for Engineering, EOD and CBRN Defence “Panait Donici” with its subordinated Training Base for EOD (the garrison of Rm. Valcea) and Training Base for CBRN Defence "Muscel" (the garrison of Campulung).

        The training centres continue the military traditions in the branches of field artillery, air defence artillery, engineers and CBRN defence . Based on the order of the Land Forces Chief of Staff, on 15.12.2011, the Foreign Language Centre was subordinated to the Application School for Combat Support Units "GENERAL EREMIA GRIGORESCU" .

    

   On 1.07. 1926, "THE MONUMENT OF THE OFFICERS WHO SACRIFICED THEIR LIVES FOR THE NATIONAL UNIFICATION " was erected on the premises of Barracks 700.
   The monument commemorates 1,600 Romanian officers who have fallen heroically on the battlefield led by General Dragalina in the World War I.

     The monument is the work of sculptor IORDANESCU M .